Streaming on your phone using OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) can be a useful and versatile way to share your content, whether you’re broadcasting games, tutorials, or live events. While OBS is primarily a desktop application, you can still set up mobile streaming with some additional tools and configurations. In this blog, we’ll guide you through the steps to stream on your phone using OBS Studio.
Note: This guide is written with OBS Studio in mind, which is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Mobile streaming with OBS Ninja and a mobile device is a more advanced setup and may require some technical knowledge.
Step-by-Step Guide: For Streaming on Your Phone
Learn how to stream on your phone with OBS in this detailed step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Install OBS Studio
If you haven’t already, you need to install OBS on your computer. You won’t be running OBS Studio directly on your phone, but it’s essential for the streaming process. You can download OBS from the official website.
Step 2: Install OBS Ninja
To stream from your phone, you’ll need a tool like OBS Ninja, which allows you to capture video and audio from your mobile device and send it to OBS on your computer. Here’s how to set it up:
- Visit the OBS Ninja website on your mobile device.
- Click “Start” and grant permission for your camera and microphone.
- You will see a QR code on the screen. Scan it with your computer’s webcam using OBS to connect your phone
- Then go to “Sources” and click the “+” button. Choose “Browser” and name it (e.g., “Mobile Camera”).
- Paste the URL provided on OBS Ninja into the URL field.
- Set the width and height to match your desired resolution and frame rate.
- Click “OK” to add the OBS Ninja source.
Step 3: Configure OBS Studio
Now that OBS Studio is set up to receive the feed from your phone, you can configure it for your streaming needs:
- Set up your desired streaming settings in OBS. This includes choosing your streaming platform (Twitch, YouTube, etc.), setting your stream key, and configuring video and audio settings.
- Add additional sources to your OBS Studio scene, like overlays, text, and other visuals, if needed.
- Make sure your scene layout and sources look the way you want for your stream.
- Start your stream in OBS when you’re ready.
Step 4: Stream from Your Phone
With OBS Studio configured and your stream settings ready, you can start streaming from your phone:
- Open OBS Ninja on your mobile device.
- Ensure your camera and microphone are working correctly.
- Click the “Go Live” button on OBS Ninja to start sending your mobile feed to OBS Studio.
- Your phone’s camera and audio will now be part of your OBS Studio scene.
- You can monitor your stream and interact with your audience through OBS on your computer.
- When you’re finished, click “Stop Streaming” in OBS Studio to end your mobile stream.
Streaming on your phone using OBS Studio and OBS Ninja is a versatile and convenient way to share your content with your audience. With the right setup and configurations, you can create engaging live streams or video content from your mobile device. Whether you’re gaming, vlogging, or sharing tutorials, this guide should help you get started with mobile streaming using OBS.