After Huawei’s withdrawal from the international smartphone market due to sanctions, it appears that Leica has found another mobile camera partner. Sharp just announced the Aquos R6 in Japan, and its Leica-branded lens sits in front of what is now the largest camera sensor on any phone. The 20-megapixel, 1-inch sensor, is identical in specs to the high-end RX100 compact camera.
It’s only the second 1-inch sensor ever to make its way into a smartphone and the first to make its way into a phone from a traditional phone manufacturer — Panasonic released the Android-powered CM1 back in 2014. Still, it wasn’t exactly a mainstream device. The closest any current phone gets to a 1-inch sensor is Xiaomi’s new Mi 11 Ultra, a 1/1.12-inch component behind the lens.
Impressive Features of the Aquos R6 Smartphone
The Aquos R6 smartphone boasts several impressive features that set it apart from the competition. Here are some key highlights:
- Wide Summicron Lens: The Aquos R6 features a primary lens with a focal length equivalent to 19mm, combined with an impressive f/1.9 aperture. This wide lens places it in the ultrawide territory, providing unique photography opportunities. It’s the only outside-facing camera on the device, which may require longer focal lengths for digital zoom.
- Time-of-Flight Sensor and LED Flash: In addition to the primary camera, the camera bump houses a time-of-flight sensor and an LED flash, enhancing the device’s photography capabilities.
- Pro IGZO OLED Display: The smartphone features a Pro IGZO OLED display measuring 6.6 inches with a resolution of 2,730 x 1,260. What sets it apart is its remarkable peak brightness level of 2,000 nits, making it easily viewable even in bright conditions. The display also offers a variable refresh rate ranging from 1Hz to an impressive 240Hz, ensuring smooth and adaptive visuals for various content types.
- Adaptive OLED Display: The Pro IGZO OLED display on the Aquos R6 is the first of its kind on Android devices. It can adapt to the content in real-time, providing an enhanced viewing experience.
- Flagship Specifications: The Aquos R6 is equipped with specifications befitting a 2021 flagship smartphone. It features a Snapdragon 808 processor, 12GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage. The substantial 5,000mAh lithium battery ensures long-lasting performance.
These standout features make the Aquos R6 a notable contender in the smartphone market, offering advanced camera capabilities, a cutting-edge OLED display, and powerful hardware specifications.
Sharp AQUOS R6 Specifications
Sharp and Leica have teamed up to create the first smartphone in the world with a 1-inch image CMOS sensor. The sensor is five times larger than its predecessor and has improved focus power, according to Leica. Low-light autofocus is a camera feature that utilizes a laser to allow high-speed autofocus even in low light conditions.
According to the company, the 7-element Leica Summicron lens can take large-scale photos in high resolution. The first camera has a 1.inch image CMOS sensor and approximately 20.20,000,000 pixels + ToF. The second camera has around 12.6 million pixels with an LED flash. The company claims that the AQUOSR6 includes an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner for better security. Sharp claims that the standard model’s authentication feature is 11x wider. Sharp claims that the handset has a two-finger authentication system, making it safer to use for account management and smartphone payments.
“Qualcomm 3D Sound Max is used in AQUOS R6’s fingerprint sensor. It is 11 times bigger than conventional fingerprint sensors and is the largest size in the entire world. Touching about can unlock the device. The smartphone’s front features a 6.6-inch WUXGA+ Pro IGZO OLED screen with a resolution of 1260 x 2730 pixels and a refresh rate of 240Hz. The handset has a brightness peak of 2000 nits, HDR support, and image quality of 20,000,000: 1.
Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G chipset, clubbed with 12GB RAM and 128GB UFS 3.1 storage. Sharp AQUOSR6 comes with a huge 5,000mAh battery and Intelligent Charge 2.0 support. It runs Android 11 and has IPX8 certification, which makes it dust and water-resistant. We are yet to know the price of this smartphone. We will update you as soon as we have it live.
Internal and Memory
The company will bring everything, and it won’t have the best performance. It runs on Android 11, which has proved to be able to deliver many new features. You don’t need to worry about bloatware. However, you will miss custom UI. It doesn’t have any impact on your phone. This will allow you to hold a small but powerful chip in your hand. Your chipset will ensure you get the best. This phone runs on 5nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G, which is still the best.
You get the best performance from each of the eight cores. The processor has a maximum clock speed of 2.84 GHz. The Adreno 660 graphics unit will ensure that you have the best visuals possible when you play high-end games. Only one variant is available with 12GB RAM, and the 128GB, internal memory version, is smaller. You can also expand storage by using the microSD card slot. You will experience a faster download speed of 7500 Mbps, as it is a 5G phone.
Design and Display
Sharp Aquos R6 is a Japanese smartphone manufacturer. It features a standard rear design available in black or white. This phone is a great choice for brands because of its solid design. Only one camera attaches to the top of the back. The sensor is larger than other smartphones, so it takes up more space. However, that’s not a problem. The panel is finished with a metallic finish to stamp the logo and brand. The world’s first Pro IGZO OLED technology is used to build the 6.6-inch front panel. At a refresh rate of just 240 Hz, you’ll experience a whole new gaming experience. You’ve seen the effectiveness of 144Hz. But you can still imagine how smooth your games and videos will run on this 240Hz screen.
Clear displays are always ahead of the rest. The 1260p resolution is what draws you to your phone when you unlock it. Because it can display more than 20 million colors accurately, every image looks natural. This phone has been in development for many years so that you get the best from everything. This phone has a maximum brightness of 2000 nits, which is unprecedented for smartphones. Sharp Aquos R6 weighs in at 207g. The sidebar measures 9.5mm thick. It has a water-resistant feature, and the finger reader is located under the display. Its built-in features will make players more excited.
Sharp Aquos R6 Cons and Pros
- Support 5G/NFC
- Amazing Pro IGZO OLED display.
- 240 Hz refresh rate, 2000 nits brightness
- Latest Android 11 operating system.
- Excellent performance.
- 8K video recording can be done.
- Excellent battery life.
- Without Gorilla Glass Protection
- Water and dust resistance.
- Without custom UI.
- The single rear camera and one selfie camera
- Video stability support is not available.
- Without fast charging support
- Globally, not available.
The Sharp Aquos R6 smartphone has a competitive advantage over mid-range phones. You have everything you need, and we just want to feel supreme with our phones. This phone is unlike any other. This phone’s beauty is evident when you can see the entire video. It feels like a small giant in your hands. It is a convincing phone for smartphone enthusiasts and gamers. Remarkably, a Japanese smartphone manufacturer has created a phone that can be a good choice for everyone. This phone is affordable and can be a great choice.