Let’s face it, we all know it. Watching YouTube videos in PiP mode on iPhone is something that most of us have wanted for a long time. This popular feature was kept out of reach by Google for reasons that are best known to them.
All YouTube Premium subscribers can now use YouTube photo-in-picture mode (PiP) on iPhone. What about iOS users that are not premium YouTube subscribers? There are reliable hacks that will enable YouTube PiP mode for your iPhone. Let’s take a look at them.
You can watch YouTube videos in Picture-in-Picture (PiP), Mode on iPhone (2021).
Google was launched in June of this year. It had promised that it would offer PiP support to YouTube Premium subscribers on iOS.
The picture-in-picture mode, which Premium subscribers can now test on iPhone, has been delayed. But there is a catch. iOS users can only until October 31, and you can try the PiP (picture-in-picture) feature. You can now use YouTube PiP mode on an iOS device if you subscribe to YouTube Premium.
Unfortunately, YouTube users who subscribe to freemium services have been excluded. There are two ways to watch videos in PiP on an iPhone. I’ve been using the Safari trick and Siri Shortcut for YouTube PiP mode on an iOS device for a while.
They’ve been able to allow me to view in picture-in-picture mode on my iPhone (more or less) without any problems. They won’t disappoint. Let’s get started with that.
Allow YouTube Picture-in-Picture (PiP) on iPhone
1. Open a Use the browser you prefer. Go to YouTube.com/new. You must be a YouTube Premium subscriber to access this feature.
2. Find the “Pictures-in-picture for iOSClick the blue button in the “section” It’s worth a try. Click the ” button. This feature will be activated on your YouTube app for iOS.
3. Next, go to your iPhone and open the YouTube app. Start watching a video.
4. Next, press the home button on iPhone SE2 and older iPhones or swipe up at the bottom for Face ID-enabled iPhones to go to your home screen. Enable YouTube PiP on the device. The YouTube video will play on your iPhone’s main screen in a mini-player (in picture/in-picture mode).
The PiP window can be resized or reduced by pinching. You can also send it to any corner of your screen. You can also flick the overlay to the side, so you don’t hear any audio while scrolling Twitter or taking notes. This is how it works:
PiP mode is still an experimental feature, so don’t expect it to work seamlessly. Remember that locking your iPhone screen when you watch YouTube videos in PiP mode will pause them. You will need to restart the video by using the lock screen media control. Google confirmed that they are working on this issue.
You can watch YouTube videos in PiP Mode using Safari on iPhone
Now, if you don’t wish to buy a Youtube Premium subscription, you can watch YouTube videos in picture-in-picture (PiP) mode via Safari on your iPhone. I have tried this nifty workaround on my iPhone running iOS 15, and it worked pretty well for me. You can learn more about how it works by following the steps below.
1. Launch Safari Take your iPhone to the youtube.com
2. Tap on the text icon (aA). Click the address URL bar to select the request Desktop WebsiteOption from the context menu
3. Next, choose a video and start it playing. Then, switch to fullscreen mode. Then, Tap on the PiP icon. The top left corner of your screen.
4. The video will now play in a mini-player. Now you can Swipe up from the bottom or press the home button. You can minimize Safari to continue watching your favorite YouTube video using PiP mode on iPhone.
Sometimes it is better to show things in video format so that you can better understand them. This demo shows you how YouTube PiP works. This workaround works on both iPad and iPhone. YouTube’s picture-in-picture mode (PiP), which is currently being tested, doesn’t work well with iPad.
Siri Shortcut allows you to watch YouTube in Picture-in-Picture Mode
Though creating a Siri shortcut for YouTube PiP mode is tedious, the result is pretty sweet. You can now play any YouTube PiP mode video in picture-in-picture mode on your iPhone once you’ve created the shortcut.
1. Start the shortcuts App Tap the button on your iPhone to activate it click on the “+” button in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Now, click the take ActionClick the button to select “Web”
let v = document.querySelector(‘video’); v.addEventListener(‘webkitpresentationmodechanged’, (e)=>e.stopPropagation(), true); setTimeout(()=>v.webkitSetPresentationMode(‘picture-in-picture’), 3000); completion()
6. Name your shortcut. To keep it simple, I will name it “YouTube PiP” for my iPhone.
7. Turn on the “Show in the Share Sheet.”Click on the toggle, then tap “Types of Share sheets.
8. Select all the “at the upper right corner. Safari web pages.
9. Tap on the back button tap on the upper left corner of your screen. Next, tap the done button is located in the upper right corner. Tap on “Done.”Repeat the previous step to save the new shortcut.
10. After you have created the shortcut, open Safari Go to youtube.com, Play any YouTube video. While the video is playing, hit the share click here
11. Select the 11.YouTube PiP shortcut In the share sheet. A pop-up may appear asking you to grant YouTube PiP access. Tap onAllowContinue reading
That’s all! The YouTube video will now play in PiP mode on the iPhone. Enjoy the video as you scroll Twitter or chat with friends.
You can play YouTube videos in PiP Mode on your iPhone free
Here you are! That’s it! You can now get YouTube PiP mode for your iPad and iPhone even if YouTube Premium is unavailable. Both the Safari trick as well as the Siri shortcut hack work flawlessly, as I mentioned above.
YouTube Premium subscribers don’t have to worry. Join the experiment to test YouTube PiP mode on an iPhone. Official rollout will be in the next few months. Do you have any feedback or questions? Let us know if you have any questions or feedback in the comments below.
How can I use PIP with my iPhone?
To activate Picture in Picture mode in a compatible app (including Apple TV apps), you can tap the Picture in Picture icon at the top of an app. Double-tap the video with two fingers or swipe up from the bottom to activate Picture in Picture.
How can I enable Whatsapp Private IP on iPhone?
Tap on the link to open the video, which will allow you to multitask. You must have the latest version of Whatsapp 2.18. This feature requires a version of 3.85. Please visit Playstore to make sure you update your app.
Is there a PiP on iPhone?
iOS 14 has made it possible for you to use PiP from your iPhone or iPad. It’s very easy to use. Swipe up to bring up your home screen while you watch a video. As you answer a text or check your email, the video will continue to play.
Why YouTube PiP not working on iPhone?
YouTube plans to offer PIP free of charge to all iOS users shortly. However, for now, a premium subscription to YouTube on iOS is required to access PIP. PIP may not be working on your device because your premium subscription has expired.
Does YouTube not allow the picture in the picture?
A temporary YouTube account glitch could cause Picture-in-picture issues. You can fix the glitch by switching to a different YouTube account. Open the YouTube app and tap the icon for your user profile. Relaunch the YouTube app and verify that it works.
How can you create a YouTube photo on Google Chrome?
To navigate to the video that you wish to run in PiP mode, use Chrome. Click the video and then choose Picture-in-Picture. Right-click twice if it’s a YouTube clip. You can also use a PiP button on some video streaming sites.
What is the problem with my WhatsApp picture in the photo?
You should make sure that Picture-in-Picture Mode is enabled (Oreo). If you’re using Android Oreo, you may want to ensure that Picture-in-Picture mode is enabled. This could be why WhatsApp isn’t working. … Scroll down until WhatsApp appears, and ensure that it is enabled.
Why PiP is not working on my iPhone?
If your iPhone can still use PiP mode, make sure you enable it in Settings. To do so, open your iPhone Settings. Next, click on General. Select Picture in Picture. If you are unable to turn the toggle for Automatic Start PiP, click here.
Does YouTube allow you to use picture-in-picture?
Picture-in-picture can only be accessed by YouTube Premium members worldwide on Android mobile devices. Android users in the United States using Android Oreo or higher, with ad-supported PiP playback.